Healthcare Inspectorate Wales is the independent inspectorate and regulator of healthcare in Wales
How we inspect
Find out how we inspect NHS and private healthcare services in WalesLearn more
Royal Welsh Show
Visit us at this year's Royal Welsh Show.Learn more
Latest news & reports
- 19 Jul 2018 Annual Report 2017-2018 Findings from our Chief Executive's Annual Report
- 19 Jul 2018 High standards of care but ongoing concerns in some areas We have published our annual report providing an overview of our findings from inspections carried out in 2017-18.
- 14 Jun 2018 We’ve published our Strategic and Operational Plans Find out about new goal and strategic priorities for 2018-21
- 25 May 2018 Office hours during bank holiday Details about our office opening hours over the bank holiday.
- 9 May 2018 Registration of mental health hospital suspended after unannounced inspection We undertook an unannounced inspection of Pendarren Court mental health hospital on 7 & 8 February following a number of reported concerns. The inspection considered whether patients were receiving safe and effective care and whether the hospital was meeting the requirements of its registration with HIW.