To check that people in Wales are receiving good care.
- Patient-centred: we place patients, service users and public experience at the heart of what we do
- Integrity: we are open and honest in the way we operate
- Independent: we act and make objective judgments based on what we see
- Collaborative: we build effective partnerships internally and externally
- Professional: we maintain high standards of delivery and constantly seek to improve
- Proportional: we act efficiently, effectively and proportionately in our approach.
Through our work we aim to:
- Provide assurance: Provide an independent view on the quality of care.
- Promote improvement: Encourage improvement through reporting and sharing of good practice.
- Influence policy and standards: Use what we find to influence policy, standards and practice.