To check that people in Wales receive good quality healthcare
We place patients at the heart of what we do. We are:
Through our work we aim to:
Provide assurance: Provide an independent view on the quality of care.
Promote improvement: Encourage improvement through reporting and sharing of good practice.
Influence policy and standards: Use what we find to influence policy, standards and practice.
To encourage improvement in healthcare by doing the right work at the right time in the right place; ensuring what we do is communicated well and makes a difference
- To maximise the impact of our work to support improvement in healthcare
- To take action when standards are not met
- To be more visible
- To develop our people and organisation to do the best possible job
We will know we have achieved our goal when:
- Services improve the care they provide to patients as a result of our work
- People have confidence we will identify when standards are not met and that we will take appropriate action
- People are better informed about our work
- We effectively deliver our work programmes, making the best use of our resources