The joint review will look at Community Mental Health Teams to check whether patients are receiving the care, treatment and support that they need. We are inspecting selected Community Mental Health Teams in each health board.
Our review will look at issues highlighted during our previous work, which include:
- Effectiveness of referral processes and criteria
- Care planning and provision
- Communication/information sharing with service users and family members
- Infrastructure, integration and coordination of services
- Compliance against the Mental Health (Wales) Measure 2010 and Social Services and Well-Being Act (Wales) 2014
- Compliance with the Mental Health Act 1983 including Community Treatment Order’s
- Links to and availability of other support services i.e. substance misuse and housing
- Timeliness and accuracy of discharge arrangements and aftercare planning for patients
How you can get involved
We want to know about your experiences of the health and social care you receive through local authority and NHS community mental health services. We want to find out how well Community Mental Health Teams in Wales are doing to provide people living in the community with support for their mental health needs.
If you have, in the past been a user of mental health services, if you are a current service user of if you are a family member/career of some-one using or has used these services you can help us with this work by telling us about your experiences. Please comple our online survey providing as much information as possible. The results from this survey will help us understand any issues people in Wales may be experiencing.
What do I need to do?
Please complete the online survey if you are currently receiving, previously received or are a carer or family member of someone who is/has had support from a Community Mental Health Team.
Hard copy questionnaires can also be made available on request. Alternatively, please contact us if you wish to share your experiences with us by email or telephone.
Closing date for survey responses: 31 October 2017