During the review we will look at:
- Access - ‘Can I access the treatment and support I need?’
- Acceptability of treatment options - ‘Is the treatment on offer right for me?’
- Person centred care - ‘Is the treatment tailored to my needs?’
- Safeguarding - ‘How am I and my family safeguarded?’
- Aftercare and ongoing support - ‘What happens after I finish treatment?’
We will be visiting each health board area to speak to people who use substance misuse services and service staff to explore these areas. We will also be holding discussions with stakeholder organisations and leads from each Substance Misuse Area Planning Board.
How you can get involved
Hearing the views and experiences of people who use substance misuse services and staff who work at these services are an important part of our review. There is an online questionnaire available for people and staff who wish to tell us about their experiences. Hard copies are available on request.
The findings from the review will be published in July 2018.