Registering as private dental practice or private direct access practice
Registering as an Independent Healthcare Provider
Independent Hospitals are:
- non NHS hospitals that provide medical or psychiatric treatment for illness or mental disorder
- hospices that provide palliative care
- any Establishment (other than NHS hospitals) that provide any listed service
- any other Establishments in which treatment or nursing care is provided for those detained under the Mental Health Act 1983.
Independent Clinics are:
- an Establishment where non NHS services of any kind are provided by medical practitioners.
Independent Medical Agencies are:
- a service that is provided by medical practitioners that include private 'call out' services and travel and flu vaccines.
The legal requirement of the Care Standards Act 2000, the Independent Health Care (Wales) Regulations 2011 and the National Minimum Standards for Independent Healthcare Services in Wales must be met before and during your registration.