From 1 April 2017 all private dental practices must be registered with us as legally required by the Private Dentistry (Wales) Regulations 2017
Who needs to register?
- Private dental practices in Wales who provide any amount of private dental care (all dentists providing private dental care must be registered with us until all the practices they work within are registered) Applications must be submitted by 31 March 2018 at the latest
- All Dental Care Professionals (DCPs) who provide private direct access services from their own practice (dental hygienists, dental therapists, clinical dental technicians) Applications should have been submitted by 30 September 2017
How to register
Read the guidance for new providers and complete the application form, both of which can be downloaded below. Page 3 of the application form lists all the documents you need to submit with your application; please make sure that you enclose all required documents.
Please email you completed application form and associated documents to email@example.com or post a hard copy to our office.
Following receipt of your completed application we will process it through three stages of assessment where we will ask you for additional information as necessary. Full details of the assessment process and the information we will request can be found from page 16 onwards in the guidance.
Annual Registration and Fees
All registered private dental practices have to pay an annual fee to remain registered.
The annual fee is £500 or £300 if the practice consists of no more than one dentist and that dentist provides private and NHS dental services.
Your annual fee is due one month after the date of registration (pro rata for the remaining months of the financial year) and annually on 1 April thereafter
Fees are also payable:
- When applying to vary any condition of registration
- When applying to remove a condition of registration
- Annually to maintain registration