Wales Concordat provides an opportunity to share information, new approaches and ideas to improve regulation, inspection and audit services.
Wales Concordat Cymru is currently facilitated by the General Pharmaceutical Council.
The forum meets at least 3 times per year to enable discussion between audit, inspection, regulation and improvement bodies.
The aims of the Wales Concordat Cymru are:
- To provide a forum to share high level information, new approaches and ideas about improving the impact and effectiveness of regulation, inspection, audit, scrutiny and service improvement.
- Identify trends in regulation, inspection, audit and scrutiny and broader service improvement policy and practice.
- Share good practice and influence policy makers collectively, when appropriate.
- Share experiences and identify opportunities for collaboration.
- Further develop and refine the systems and for sharing more detailed information between relevant bodies; through bilateral agreements and protocols when appropriate.
- Foster a collaborative ethos that encourages both proportionality and effective risk assessment and management.