Healthcare Inspectorate Wales is the independent inspectorate and regulator of healthcare in Wales
How we inspect
Find out how we inspect NHS and private healthcare services in WalesLearn more
Royal Welsh Show
Visit us at this year's Royal Welsh Show.Learn more
Latest news & reports
- 14 Jun 2018 We’ve published our Strategic and Operational Plans Find out about new goal and strategic priorities for 2018-21
- 25 May 2018 Office hours during bank holiday Details about our office opening hours over the bank holiday.
- 9 May 2018 Registration of mental health hospital suspended after unannounced inspection We undertook an unannounced inspection of Pendarren Court mental health hospital on 7 & 8 February following a number of reported concerns. The inspection considered whether patients were receiving safe and effective care and whether the hospital was meeting the requirements of its registration with HIW.
- 12 Apr 2018 Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards: Annual Monitoring Report for Health and Social Care 2016-17 A joint report between ourselves and Care Inspectorate Wales.
- 12 Apr 2018 Ongoing inconsistencies of applications and authorisations for Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) across Wales We have published the 2016-17 monitoring report for DoLS in Wales.