We regulate and inspect NHS services and independent healthcare providers in Wales against a range of standards, policies, guidance and regulations to highlight areas requiring improvement.
To check that people in Wales receive good quality healthcare
We place patients at the heart of what we do. We are:
Through our work we aim to:
Provide assurance: Provide an independent view on the quality of care.
Promote improvement: Encourage improvement through reporting and sharing of good practice.
Influence policy and standards: Use what we find to influence policy, standards and practice.
To encourage improvement in healthcare by doing the right work at the right time in the right place; ensuring what we do is communicated well and makes a difference
- To maximise the impact of our work to support improvement in healthcare
- To take action when standards are not met
- To be more visible
- To develop our people and organisation to do the best possible job
We will know we have achieved our goal when:
- Services improve the care they provide to patients as a result of our work
- People have confidence we will identify when standards are not met and that we will take appropriate action
- People are better informed about our work
- We effectively deliver our work programmes, making the best use of our resources