What we want to achieve over the next 3 years and how we plan to do it.
Our Strategic Plan sets out our priorities for the next three years and what we aim to achieve.
Through our work we aim to:
Provide an independent view on the quality of care.
Encourage improvement through reporting and sharing of good practice
Influence policy and standards:
Use what we find to influence policy, standards and practice
Our goal is to:
Encourage improvement in healthcare by doing the right work at the right time in the right place; ensuring what we do is communicated well and makes a difference
We will focus on 4 main priorities:
- To maximise the impact of our work to support improvement in healthcare
- To take action when standards are not met
- To be more visible
- To develop our people and organisation to do the best possible job
We will know we have achieved our goal when:
- Services improve the care they provide to patients as a result of our work
- People have confidence we will identify when standards are not met and that we will take appropriate action
- People are better informed about our work
- We effectively deliver our work programmes, making the best use of our resources
We review our plan annually so that our activities and priorities can be updated to reflect the ever changing environment in which we work.
Operational Plan 2019–20
Our Operational Plan sets out our key priorities for the year ahead. It allows us to make clear to both the NHS and independent healthcare sector how we intend to fulfil our responsibilities as the inspectorate for healthcare services in Wales and sets clear expectations to which stakeholders and the public can hold us to account.
It provides information on the broad areas in which we will be working but reflects the increasing flexibility with which we manage our programme in light of information emerging from the public, partner organisations, and healthcare providers themselves.